- First Presbyterian Church has about 200 members; we strive for everyone to be known and to feel at home.
- We have a family worship service incorporating a variety of music styles every Sunday in our sanctuary at 9:30 AM.
- Please come to worship dressed in a way that is comfortable for you, whether it be jeans, shorts, or your Sunday best!
- We serve Communion in worship on the first Sunday of every month, and anyone who acknowledges Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior can participate; you don’t have to be Presbyterian or be a member here to share in the Lord’s Supper.
- After each service, we stay to chat over complimentary coffee and cookies, which are served on the patio or in the foyer. We also serve coffee before the service; a reason to arrive early
- On the first Sunday of every month (except January) we share a meal together in our Fellowship Hall.
FPC is located at the corner of North “H” Street and Ivywood Drive. We have a large, free parking lot behind the main church building, which you can turn into from”H” Street. Our sanctuary and most classrooms are accessible to persons with disabilities.
When you know that your children are safe and well cared for, you can relax and concentrate on worship. We have a nursery staffed by loving, experienced, female caregivers.
Child care is provided from 9:30 a.m. – 12 noon. Look for signs pointing you to the nursery room.
Children at First Pres
If you are hoping to nurture a love of God in your children and to give them a strong moral compass, you’ve come to the right place.
Our teachers follow carefully selected curricula that are Biblically based and Christ-centered.
Children’s Sunday School classes are taught in the Christian Education building during the 9:30 AM service; each Sunday in worship at 9:30, except for the first Sunday of the month, the children are called forward for prayer before they are dismissed to Sunday School; on the first Sunday of each month, parents check their children in to Sunday School right at 9:30 AM.
Joining the Church
Life in a church is richer and more personal when you meet people. We want to help you find the ways that are right for you to worship, care, grow and serve. All of it adds up to discipleship, which means following Jesus as we journey through the ups and downs of life. To connect at First Pres:
- Email us at email@example.com or use the signup form on this page to receive weekly updates; you may unsubscribe at any time.
- Call the church office at (805) 983-0204 to speak with the pastor or a staff person. Or drop by the office between the hours of 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday.
- Look in the weekly worship bulletin for activities that interest and challenge you
- Fill out a “Friendship Card” during worship and drop it in the offering plate.
- Introduce yourself to a few people as we pass the peace during worship, or at during coffee hour following worship.
- Attend one of our Newcomers’ Receptions following 9:30 worship, held throughout the year for those who are new to First Pres to get to know our church elders and staff members.